Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Our weekend started off with this little gal's first birthday party. Look how pumped she was about that cake. I can't say that I blame her; I dream of eating cake by the fist full.


With the holidays quickly approaching, we are trying to finish up some projects that have been lingering since we moved in -- that way, come January, we will be ready to tackle our normal-every-day-resolutions, like go for a jog, eat a vegetable, read a book, etc.

For now, here are a few moments from this weekend that are worthy of note.


We have been bare-bulbing-it in the master bedroom for almost 12 weeks. However, I'm happy to report, we finally have lamp shades on either side of the bed.

My office lamp now has a shade as well. I know this doesn't seem like a major improvement, but I've been glaring directly into 40 watts for the better half of three months, so it's a big deal.


Our breakfast room is officially without fruit. I stripped the wallpaper to find primed paneling underneath.


Now, understand that I did this room when Jeff wasn't home -- and besides setting off the fire alarm because of all the steam (true story), I managed fairly well. So, feeling over-confident and super accomplished, I decided to tackle the dining room as well.

Never again.



This wallpaper literally disintegrated under the heat of the steam. I was crushed, so I decided to move on to something I knew I would enjoy -- holiday cards.




We also made a great deal of progress on the master bedroom this weekend.


Updates on our bedroom to come soon. Right now, I have to get to work on this disaster zone:


That's the guest bedroom, a.k.a. the dumping ground. Honestly, it's starting to rival our formal living room, which currently looks like this:


How about that holiday-inspired table cloth window treatment on the left? I am sure the neighbors are pleased...

Anyhow, like I said, I'm going to lock myself in the guest bedroom to try to organize the pile of things we don't know what else to do with. For now, here are some shots of random moments from this weekend that ... er ... I don't know what else to do with:





This guy has an appointment with Santa "Claws" next Sunday. This was the look he gave me when I told him the news.

Happy Monday, all.

Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment