Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Louvered Doors


As I mentioned in our last post, we cleaned up and rehung the louvered doors in the entryway on Sunday. My dad estimates that the doors were taken down in the 1960s. So, while they were dirty and needed a seriously cleaning, they were in great shape. All we had to do was remove all of the dirt dobber nests out of the slats, change the hardware, polish, and install.

The aforementioned dirt dobber nests:









I showed those nests who was boss. With a spatchula.


While classic, the hardware was beyond rusty.


Here are some progress shots.




And finally, here is what the entryway looked like when we moved in:


And here's what it looked like after the install:


Open-concept floor plans are for the birds. Bring on the doors. I am sure Maw Maw had a good reason for putting these babies out of work, but I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. I think they are an interesting accessory to the home, and not something you see everyday.


Here's a view from the front door:



Sure, these doors just add more wood to an already paneled room; but we're embracing it.


Happy Woodnesday, all.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment