Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Fever

This weekend, in between installing our new washer and dryer, organizing my office, and visiting with some friends and family -- we decorated for the holidays. We unpacked some of the items that were left behind in the attic, and combined a few of Maw Maw and Paw Paw's ornaments with our own. We also picked out our tree and a wreath for the front door.

Jeff and I spent the better half of the evening debating over which Pandora holiday station was best; Jeff eventually won, and we listened to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra holiday station whilst decorating. True story. (I wanted the Glee holiday station... but I suppose one must pick their battles.) Anyhow, here are a few details from around the house.



All in all, it was a really productive weekend; lots of cleaning-out, organizing and making the house feel like home. We also made a few other noteworthy advancements. For one, we finally have blinds in the guest room.



Also, if you missed yesterday's post, I finally finished my office.


And, perhaps the highlight of my weekend, we found these babies in the attic.



I have today off of work, so I'm about to get started stripping wallpaper in the dining room. My goal is to have ALL of the remaining wallpaper down before I go to sleep tonight; that includes the breakfast room, kitchen, dining room, the master bath, and the guest bathroom. Wish. me. luck.

Have a great day.

All our love,

Ryan and Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment