Sunday, March 17, 2013

Two-Week Wrap Up


I called Jeff on Thursday, after I finished my last final, and I told him that it was the first time I've actually heard his voice in two weeks. Yes, I've been processing information and carrying on necessary conversations, but this weekend was the first time [in an embarrassingly long while] that I looked around and realized that there was life outside of school. Seriously, the only thing in our fridge is milk (which Jeff picked up for himself) and various types of spreadable cheese.

Here are a few shots of one of the projects I submitted. The first photo is of my initial mock-up, and the latter ones are of me playing with my new light cube, which I haven't quite figured out.


In other non-school-news, we have made some major progress in the formal living room. Apparently, we had a lot of pent up remodeling energy this weekend, and we took it out on the front of the house.  We are not finished, by any means, but we're getting so. close. it. hurts. You'll notice that I started decorating around Jeff while he was scrubbing the floors, which I'm sure was super annoying, but he entertained my over-the-top-excitement long enough for me to get some shots.





Cleaning hardwood floors that have been covered by carpet for 50 years is as rewarding as it is challenging. We are on the third stage of the rejuvenate process, which is why we didn't finish the room this weekend, but they are slowly but surely coming back to life.




















The funniest moment from this weekend is when we thought the 10' long couch would fit in the foyer:


Obviously, that didn't happen -- and in case you were wondering, furniture built in the 50s is heavy. Have to pick it and put it down ever 15 seconds, heavy. Not to mention, I happen to have particularly unimpressive upper-body strength, so Jeff was beyond frustrated. It seems we make a really great team, until it's time to pick up a couch.

Curtains and rugs and house plants to come later this week.

Oh, and happy Spring Break to me. 

Ryan




No comments:

Post a Comment