Saturday, March 23, 2013

Foyer Update


Remember when I mentioned the foyer chandelier? It originally looked something like this:


Well, I am happy to report that it cleaned up like a champ. I barely even had to use soap; I ran it under hot water, which removed 80% of the dirt, and then I used a mild soap to remove the rest. It was like magic.


This past week was my spring break, and I managed to get a lot of little things finished started around the house. For instance, I finally got around to putting together the starburst clock that I purchased the week we moved in.


Why did it take me six months to tackle this project, you ask? Well because each of the points of the star had four prongs on the end of them, each of which had to be bent around the base.


There are 25 points along the starburst. This is a job I had been saving for Jeff, but I was feeling particularly energized one day and decided to tackle it myself. I could not feel my fingers for about an hour after I finished.



Jeff wasn't home from work at this point, so I decided to start putting together the foyer to surprise him.  I moved the furniture by myself, which was probably hilarious to watch had there been an audience. We purchased the below sidebar on Craigslist in December, and it has finally moved out of the middle of the family room and into the foyer, which a few of my other favorite pieces.





The room isn't finished. I still need to hang art, pick out a floor runner, change all of the electrical outlets, do a final coat on the closet and front door, and add new hardware to said doors. I can hear Jeff rolling his eyes right now. 


This weekend we absolutely need to finish the floors in the formal living room, so we can put down the rug, hang curtains, etc., and finally do our first "before" and "after" photo shoot!


In addition to working on the floors, Jeff is planning to work on the wainscoting in the dining room a.k.a. his new work shop:


We are bound and determined to finish up the front of the house in the coming weeks, as Spring is here and our attention will be shifting to the gigantic hole in our backyard called a pool.

If you're in Atlanta, make some tea and enjoy the rainy weekend!

Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment