Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


Disclaimer: This guy gave me his head cold this weekend and I have been hopped up on cold medicine for approximately 24 hours -- I am a little loopy, and take no responsibility for any typos and bad jokes that may ensue. 

This weekend, Jeff brought out the big guns:



We began the ominous task of hanging a new chair rail and assembling our own wainscoting in the dining room on Saturday, and I have to admit -- we felt pretty legit.

Jeff got a miter saw for Christmas, and this was the first time he has used it. It even has a laser.

And yes, I am pretty sure we broke every rule that I ever learned in wood shop by putting this saw in the middle of the room with no eye protection, and me running around barefoot... but we're learning. Jeff is still working on this project, but here's a sneak peek:







I also started painting the trim work in the dining room, and finished taping off in the formal living room and the foyer. I know that doesn't sound like a major accomplishment, but I went through three roles of Frog Tape and it took me all weekend; so, I apologize for needing a moment of recognition.



I am pretty sure that I will be able to paint trim in my sleep by the time we finish this house. And you should get used to seeing photos of the process here, because it will likely be my only project for the next 2-3 weekends. 

In other news, I didn't quite get around to cooking a new recipe this week (like I mentioned here) -- so, one night I poured my butternut squash soup into the crock pot to make myself feel like I had tried something new, and I put my sandwich on a frying pan to heat up. In my book, that is cooking.


School started back on Monday [after a two-month-long winter break] so my system is in shock and slightly resistant to the idea of class and projects and studying; so, bare with me over the next few days as I adjust -- there may be more posts about what I'm eating than about remodeling projects, but I'll try to stay focused, I promised.

Here is a bit of iPhoneography from this week to put this cold-meds-induced post out of its misery:

A heavenly moment after Jeff set up the miter saw:


Jeff being asked to hang work at the pin-up show we went to last night:

The beginnings of my first project this quarter:

 Our date night on Thursday night to see Django Unchained:

 And Toby, on one of our walks this week:



Happy weekend, all.

Here's to hot tea ... and cold meds.

Love,

Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment