Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cabinet Fever


Before we had even closed on this house, Jeff and I purchased the above mid-century modern china cabinet off of Craigslist. I saw it, fell in love, and convinced Dad to drive us to the absolute-middle-of-no-where-Georgia to pick it up. She has been my remodeling-muse ever since.

Here she is on the day we moved in -- back right corner:



And for the last three months, that is where she has stayed; stuck in a corner, alone and empty -- sans china in those lovely cabinets.

I am happy to report, however, that we finally have movement.



Here she is from the back:


Ignore the ivory trim work as it will all be painted white (see window) this weekend. And yes, that is the current state of the formal living room -- a product of the painting party I mentioned here

Here is the wall that the beloved china cabinet will live on for the rest of her days:


Note: the dining room is currently awaiting wainscoting, white trim, clean floors, etc. Everyone should actually just pretend that they never saw this post as I plan to do a major before/after post once the rooms are finished. I suppose I'm ruining the surprise, but I'm pretty much dying for this particular shade of gray. Pun intended.


So, who wants to come over and clean that chandelier one crystal at a time?

In other Craigslist news, look what we bought for the foyer:

Apologies for the poor iphoneography, but this piece is currently disassembled in the family room. The top piece of the buffet is a liquor cabinet ... with a light feature. The 1950s were just so damn cool.  

Oh, and you want to see a peek into the current state of said foyer?


To quote my beautiful Mom on this one, "the color really is not as bad as it looks in photographs".

Here's to mid-century design, liquor cabinets with swag, and turquoise mermaid harbor walls.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment