Friday, February 8, 2013

Bird


Jeff and I met for lunch today and the first thing I said to him was, "When did your beard grow back in?" Apparently, I haven't looked at his face in a week.

There are a few faces, however, that I have been seeing a lot of lately -- and those faces belong to three of my classmates. The four of us have two classes together this quarter, and we are the only four people in both of those classes. So, needless to say, we spend every single day together, and we have been meeting every single weekend to work on the collaborative midterm project that I mentioned here and here -- and I have to confess: I am pretty much in love with them forever.


A hard deadline and a common goal will bond any number of people together; but add to it a lot of coffee, and the compulsive nature of four design students [with an unhealthy appetite for approval], and you've got the makings of a beautiful and long lasting friendship.


Honestly, they are pretty much the only people I've had a real conversation with in about five weeks, so this is all I have to show for myself right now. Several of the following shots were taken by other members of the group. So, in keeping with my academic life, this post is somewhat of a collaborative effort:




That last one is me getting my model on for Caio. He told me I looked like Taylor Swift, which pretty much sealed his fate as my favorite person for life.


Here's to ampersands and Georgia Parks and beer and coffee and exacto knifes and t-squares and bird.

Jessica, walk out from behind that camera and join the group shot, um-kay, thanks! 

Midterms are over on Valentine's Day. See you on the other side!

Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment